Summer is fast approaching and if you’re like us, it can be quite daunting to bare those very pasty pins after a long and very cold winter. Put your worries at bay because here at Lookfantastic HQ, we’ve put together a selection of the best tans that promise to leave you bronzed and streak free!
If you’re a newbie fake tanner or just need some handy tips, we’ve given you a step-by-step guide on how to fake tan so you can achieve that gorgeous sun-kissed skin, as well as our top tips.
Secret Tips for Perfect Tanning
- If you're always struggling with getting your tan streak free and perfect, this might be where you're going wrong. These are our secret tips for making sure your tan goes on smoothly and evenly:
- Don't apply deodorant or perfume before tanning or while it develops. It can prevent the tan from adhering to the skin and may even turn some tans green!
- Make sure you allow your fake tan to fully dry before dressing. When you do dress, stick to something that's loose and dark, so it doesn't rub against your skin or show any marks.
- It is best to apply in the evening and let tan develop overnight. This will give it the best amount of time to full develop (most tans need at least 4-6 hours).
- When you wash off your tan after it has developed, keep water slighter cooler than usual and resist the temptation to use scrubs or soap; it can fade your tan. Just rinse until the water runs clear.
- Hair removal should be done 24 hours prior to tanning. Fake tan is prone to sticking into those loosened pores, creating unattractive dark dots. That’s definitely not the look we’re going for!
- If you struggle with getting orange palms, be extra careful and pop on a pair of latex gloves underneath your tanning mitt.
Your Step-By-Step Tan Routine
We have a huge selection of fake tans and tanning accessories on Lookfantastic, so whatever you are looking for you can find your perfect match.