If you are looking to relax after a long day at work or on the weekend - well, who isn't?! - then a face mask is a great way to pamper yourself. Although we love a good ready made face mask, sometimes a homemade face mask is the perfect way to treat yourself without breaking the bank.
With turmeric becoming a trendy beauty ingredients, this spice is starting to become popular for it's potent skincare benefits and today we're going to be showing you how to create your very own DIY Homemade Turmeric Mask.
Skin care treatments including Turmeric
Skin Authority Beauty Infusion™ Turmeric & Blueberry for Brightening
Alchimie Forever Antioxidant Skin Repair Gel
Oskia Restoration Oil
Natio Young Tinted Spot Cream (22G)
Why use turmeric in a face mask?
Although it's usually used as an ingredient in spicy food, turmeric has made skincare properties that are seriously under-rated. For instance, not only does turmeric help skin inflammation problems such as acne, eczema and rosacea but it's soothing properties are also great for healing burns and scars.
With high pigmentation, this spice also works well for problems with skin coloring, such as skin pigmentation and dark circles. It's properties also increase skin elasticity, helps to aid the control of oily skin and even slows down the growth of facial hair. So, why weren't we using this before?
Keep reading to find out what you need to make our DIY Turmeric face mask, and exactly the steps you need to follow.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut/olive oil
- 1 teaspoon milk or plain greek yogurt
- Mixing Bowl
Benefits of the ingredients
- Honey is perfect for moisturizing the skin as it is a natural humectant, meaning that it traps and seals moisture from the air into the skin
- Milk and Greek Yogurt both contain lactic acid which helps dissolve dead skin cells creating a natural glow whilst diminishing the look of fine lines as this acid helps cell regeneration
- Coconut oil and olive oil are both great moisturizers which helps skin feel smooth allowing it to stay wrinkle free.
How To Make Your Own Turmeric Face Mask
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl and mix the ingredients until it forms a smooth paste
- Apply the mask mix onto a dry face and let the face mask sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water
- Apply your favorite moisturizer to leave your skin feeling soft.
And ta da! You've just made your very own at home turmeric face mask!
Ready made organic face masks
If you don’t fancy making your own DIY face mask, there are tons of ready made organic and natural beauty products on lookfantastic to choose from.